- Tile shops
Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover
From company website:
Just one spray of Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover and, without scrubbing, that tough ugly mold and mildew is dead… gone!
Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover disinfects as it kills.
–Kills 99.9% of household molds
–Kills TOUGH mildew without scrubbing
–Removes ugly mildew stains
–Disinfects with the power of bleach
Use Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover to kill mold and mildew on glazed tile, grout, tubs, shower doors, vinyl curtains, counters, sinks and no-wax floors. It can also be used on cement pool areas and outdoor furniture (vinyl & plastic).
What Can You Clean With Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover?
The label states that this product works on grout, tubs, toilets, vinyl curtains, sinks, counters, fiberglass, shower doors, and tile. You are advised not to use this cleaner on wood or painted surfaces. I only use it to clean my bathtub, shower wall inserts, and shower curtain.
This cleaning product is sold in a 32 fluid ounce opaque plastic bottle. The top of the bottle has a trigger-spray dispenser with a nozzle that can be set to “spray” or “off”. The bottle is recyclable for those who are required to or choose to do so.
The packaging is not very helpful in determining what ingredients make up Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover. It lists bleach (sodium hypochlorite) as 2.4% of the formula and “other ingredients” as 97.6%.
A bottle of Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover is absolutely covered in precautionary statements. Among them:
–avoid prolonged breathing of vapor
–use in well-ventilated areas
–hazards to humans and domestic animals
–causes substantial but temporary eye injury and can irriate skin
–not recommended for use by persons with heart conditions or chronic respiratory problems, such as asthma, emphysems or obstructive lung disease
–may be harmful if swallowed
–do not use or mix this product with other household chemicals, such as products containing ammonia, toilet bowl cleaners, vinegar, or acid. To do so will release hazardous gases.
This is a bleach-based cleaner so you are definitely dealing with strong and harsh vapors. I have asthma and it is difficult for me to stay in the bathroom while cleaning with this product, even with the window open and exhaust fan on. Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover causes me to cough quite a bit and I usually find myself running for my inhaler before long.
Cost and Availability
I paid around $3 for my bottle of Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover at Target. You can purchase this cleaner in grocery stores, drug stores, home improvement stores, and discount retailers like Target, WalMart, KMart, etc.
I have used Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover several times in my shower and have always been very pleased with the results. I spray areas that are discolored with mold/mildew generously with product and then allow it to stand for several minutes while I run out of the bathroom and try to get some oxygen into my lungs. When I return, the discolored spots have disappeared completely and I don’t need to scrub or wipe anything. All I do is just rinse everything off and the shower is sparkling clean.
This is a very powerful and effective cleaning product for those who are plagued with mold and mildew in or around their homes. However, it has very harsh vapors that irritate my asthma even when used in a ventilated area. If you are sensitive to bleach or have respiratory problems, I wouldn’t recommend using Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover. For anyone else I highly recommend it as product that blasts away shower fungus without any scrubbing on your part.
Source : http://www.tilex.com